Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"LANDSLIDE "....A Process of CHANGE

THE WORLD - Beautiful Scenery of Amazing Places

I took my love and I took it down
Climbed a mountain and turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Till the landslide brought it down

Oh, mirror in the sky - What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changin' ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
I don't know, I don't know

Well, I've been afraid of changin'
Because I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder, even children get older
And I'm getting older, too.
So, take my love, take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well, the landslide will bring it down
The landslide will bring it down "

Wow ...What an Amazing song, who would ever forget This is One of the Greatest Hits in the early 70's that really hits home! For the Youngsters, you probably heard a different versions of this song , Sung by Smashing Pumpkins it was actually played in the controversial movie, "Broke back Mountain" and of course, the Dixie Chicks.

Steve Nicks version by far is the best...It was written in 1973, (It's about a father-daughter relationship.) "I realized then that everything could tumble, and when you're in Colorado, and you're surrounded by these incredible mountains, you think avalanche. It meant the whole world could tumble around us and the landslide would bring you down. And a landslide in the snow is like, deadly. And when you're in that kind of a snow-covered, surrounding place, you don't just go out and yell, because the whole mountain could come down on you." ~Stevie Nicks, In the Studio with Red Beard, May 1992

For So many , this song has been interpreted in so many ways that can apply to so many different things - broken friendships, romantic relationships, giving up, trying hard , being independent, having your own individuality and keep achieving your dreams.

First and Foremost, I've chosen this particular song to start off My New Year ...My New Life, A New Beginning- Simply because this song has touched me deeply. This is the most perfect lyrics that symbolizes the Process of CHANGE. The "Landslide" symbolizes of the gradual effects of time. Time changes things. It mollifies the effects of Memories, Experiences and Decisions...It paves the way for the New Road of Life.

My Own Interpretation of this song based on my life ,is about trying to figure out Finding Myself , Growing up, Letting go, and becoming My own Person. As a Child, I looked up to my Parents -I built My childhood Life around them ,they have all these dreams and hopes for Me and its like they can do no wrong. But there comes a time in everyone life where I realized that my parents aren't always going to be making every decisions for me, and I have to make My own. But as time goes by, I grew up, and I changed, and I may not turned out exactly the way my parents wanted me to be but at the same time I don't want to disappoint them (gee,I gave them 5 grand big babies) and I have to do what is right for Me.

As I get Older ,It's about Changes & Being Independent. You know, Going out on your own for once.Taking care of yourself even though it might be hard. But it's a 'mountain' that you will be able to climb. But also Growing up and letting go of safe familiar things. I spent so many years of my life being afraid to change and live my own as I based my life on my "Significant others" (EX'S Now!) I was unsure if i can make it and I was leaving someone behind in a way and telling them if they remember any of the bad times involving them that sooner or later that thought will pass.


It is also about the pain of being in a bad relationship where I have lost I'm identity and I feel scared to change myself because to do that would be to end of the relationship and loose the part of me that was so connected to the other person. (i've been afraid of changing, because i've built my life around you) but also about gaining the strength to change and do what I have to do to be happy (time makes you bolder, even children get older, i'm getting older too) and the landslide is the person who carries the connection, I tried to climb the mountain to build myself into the person I want to be, as the landslide brings me down!
The landslide is the ongoing turmoil of existence of being falling apart . There are times i asked myself a question ,If I be able to handle the changing of the seasons of my Life?

The Key is: Sometimes you have to give up things that don't matter and committing to things that do. It's about getting the strength to leave something that doesn't fit you so well anymore. Maybe everybody needs a landslide in their life for a fresh start,huh?

At the Present moment, I could imagine at this age I survived a lot in life and is getting so concern of the uncertain things that is to come. Alone and Reflecting where to turn to next . Isn't it sad to realized that I have placed my hopes on in dependable things/persons most of my life. What will I do? What will you do? Darn, Old age can really bring you into a lot of thinking, about how your life unfolded -yada,yada,yada... But to me it only reminds me and makes me realized how much I really needed God more in my life...and that is the Bottomline!

"Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it." ANN

No comments: