Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Old Double Standard ( To all the Ladies in the house)


We live in 2010 . . . you think the OLD ways would have changed . . . let me tell ya sister . . .

THE OLD WAYS ARE STILL THE SAME!

What is double standard? Double standard is that there is a standard for one sex and a different standard for the other sex.

For guys . . . the name of the game is to get as many notches on his belt, or bed post as possible . . . that makes him a stud!!

For the gals . . . the name of the game is to stay VIRTUOUS! I was shocked when a woman asked me what virtue was!!!

REALLY?????

Virtue means you know that your sitting on a pot of gold! GIRLS!!! And you don't spend that gold unless you are ready to INVEST!!!


How much gold you sitting on?? Each time you give yourself away . . . you have given your virtue away. That would be the number of guys you gave your self to. If you had a relationship, that is one. If you had several relationships, that is several gold nuggets. If you had a one night stand that COUNTS! Cause that guy that you had the one night stand with . . . I guarantee you, he is counting his notch on his belt!

I called a friend of mine who lives a state away . . . this is a safe relationship, he lives a whole state away (CA)! I've dated him years back , but I really enjoy talking to him. Maybe someday we will meet again, maybe not . . . it doesn't really matter to me, I just like talking to him . . .he is a great listener or a BSer-lol ( whisper:) a lover too- he's reading this one.)

I was telling him about the guy who from work ..I'm sure he is in his early 30's ( I just turned 41 last July ) and I'm sure he is a good christian boy waiting to find the right woman to take to the altar some day . . . According to a co worker who knew him ,he has talked about becoming a Police Officer someday...

Anyway I've noticed this young man during my lunch at my work food court like almost everyday now. I must say , He is a fine young man , who wears dressy long sleeves shirts, nice slacks to work. He carries himself manly. He has this USMC physique About 6'0 ft tall , nice light brown clean cut hair- just noticed he has a very nice deep natural green eyes...Gee, kind of like the scene on Desperate House wives- LOL.

Then tonight while i was out having some time with my friends, This guy kept staring at my direction . . . I looked over to see if I knew the person . . . I thought then . . . hummm cute . . . too young . . .So I looked over again, and this time took a good look . . . I said, "OMG, your the guy from work!" (much to my surprise- destined???)

He said, "yep", we both said, "What was your name?", at the same time . . . we exchanged names said he just moved here from CA and how ironic . . . then I quickly got up and left. I said I would see him at work. He grinned and said, " yea."

HERE IS THE THING!!!!

When I told my good friend about what happened tonight who lives in another state . . . he was trying to tell me to go for it!!! OK, first of all, I AM NOT A COUGAR! ( Although my friend started to laughed so hard and he reminded me that he was 21 and I was 30 when we dated) lol! Ok, Let's get this record straight , I AM NOT ALWAYS A COUGAR - AND I DON'T WANT TO KEEP THAT TITLE EITHER. PLUS, IT WASN'T MY FAULT, HONESTLY.I guess I'm just one of the lucky ladies who is younger guys magnet or something.

Second of all I don't want to add a number to the numbers I already got at age 41!!! If you have too many numbers you might find some calling you a whore or a slut! Sure it is great for the guy . . . his big numbers mean that he is a stud!!!
.

Long story short . . .Ok, I'm not gonna lie although I've dated so many, i mean many men but I've never given myself for a one night stand at all. I have to know the person and have a great deal of attraction first.....what I'm saying,to make sure when it comes time to purchasing you are NOT going to have buyers remorse . . . because you got too many notches on your necklace. Or you lost too much gold . . .

So as you talk to guys and they tell you to go for it . . . set the story straight! YOUR A LADY!!! NOT A DUDE!!!

Lastly, All I'm saying is . . . know what your investing in . . . I just don't want anyone to have buyers remorse.

Hey we all have experienced buyers remorse . . . the great thing is that the body is amazing and renews itself . . . the heart on the other hand . . . seems to take a beating and keeps beating . . . but hopefully the head will learn from the experience and not repeat . . .

OK, so if you do REPEAT . . . just get up and try again . . . no one is perfect!

And, I DO KNOW WHO I AM.

Now, I can go to bed without having the feeling of GUILT. Besides, I am preparing myself....

It's almost 3am my bed is calling my name.

Love and Peace,
Ann

No comments: