Monday, September 6, 2010

EAT~PRAY~LOVE (A must See movie and A must read blog)



"To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life."

I Fell in love with this movie, I will definitely buy the DVD and watch it all night long. One of My favorite quote was "I am a woman searching for a word" because that is what I am at this point in my life. This movie truly resonated with me. I intend to buy the book to mark all of the amazing quotes. It spoke to me very deeply. When Something is Missing in your Life...RISK EVERTYHING ...and LET YOURSELF GO Becuase the BEST Still Yet to Come. A Woman's Journey in Life where YOUR HOPE, YOUR TRUTH, YOUR FAITH ,AND YOUR COURAGE Is The Only POWER TO let go with the familiar. When you finally give up striving, you will be left with what you have been striving for.

JUST BELIEVE!

" 'Tis better to live your own life imperfectly than to imitate someone else's perfectly".

I've been some rough roads in Life at an early age...although I can't complain beacuse the best part of all that i have travelled in so many places by myself. I Love Adventure- The Feeling of not knowing ...Just DO IT! Excites Me!!! At this point of my life, I Now finally see what it is I really WANT in My life. I would love to start Travelling again and See the world. I told my daughter that I'm thinking to built a small home by the beach back in the Philippines or Bali perhaps someday. I was told many times that i have some Spiritual gifts " Intuitive" , I would love to study it and learn more how to meditate and other ways of Healing.
I will not let my Life hangin' on by Fear, I will Let go and Experience my Power. When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

When We stop wanting, the energy is released, We can turn it towards ourself again, We can become more aware of OURSELF, right there at center of existence. Then existence can flow again naturally, and We can gracefully receive what comes our way.

The movie is also about Fighthing your Own demons-One needs to FORGIVE YOURSELF FIRST , In order to find yourself, your Inner Peace and to Open your heart again in order to find the Love you deserve and longin' for.

"I remember an old catholic joke about a man who spent his whole life going to a church every day and prayed to the statue of a great saint begging "please, please, please, let me win the lottery." Finally the exasperated statue comes to life and looks down at the begging man and says "my son, please, please, please, buy a ticket." So now I get the joke."

God's not interested in watching a performance of how a spiritual person looks and behaves. God dwells within me...as me.

Sending You All A lot of LOVE and LIGHT,
Ann


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


ABOUT THE MOVIE...

'Eat Pray Love,' is an inspirational drama based on Elizabeth (Liz) Gilbert's best-selling memoir. Liz played by Julia Roberts is a woman who, on the surface, has it all - a career, a husband and new home. However, she realizes that she no longer has a thirst for life. After a bitter divorce, she decides to journey overseas to Italy, India and Indonesia to find rediscover the true meaning of herself and life. 'Eat Pray Love' is an inspiring story and the quotes are enough to melt your heart.

Liz Gilbert (Julia Roberts) is a writer in Manhattan whose life is safe and without passion. Her milquetoast husband Stephen (Billy Crudup) is drifting every bit as much as she is, but unlike Liz, he's in denial. When in the middle of the night, they both wake up and he tells her "I don't want to go to Aruba," her response is simply "I don't want to be married." And with that, her story, "Eat Pray Love" (directed by Ryan Murphy), really begins.

A chameleon, Liz immediately dives into another relationship, this time with David (James Franco, trying too hard), a twenty-something actor/yogi, who is just as happy to settle for unhappiness as Stephen is. As she deals with her messy divorce - which her ex is by now pathetically resisting - she redefines herself as David's girlfriend, increasingly aware of her restlessness.

David said when they were in bed and Liz was crying. He was saying something about how they fight all the time and never have sex and just to live unhappy with each other rather then being alone

" I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long. I will stay with you. If you need the medication again, go ahead and take it—I will love you through that, as well. If you don’t need the medication, I will love you, too. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and Braver than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me. "


Coming from other culture We Believed as the Italians believed as well the saying, " THE SWEETNESS OF DOING NOTHING ".

Quote from the movie: But you don't know pleasure. You have to be told you've earned it. You see a commercial that says: 'It's Miller Time!' And you say, That's right, now I'm going to buy a six pack. And then drink the whole thing and wake up the next morning and you feel terrible. But an Italian doesn't need to be told. He walks by a sign that says: You deserve a break today. And he says, Yes, I know. That's why I'm planning on taking a break at noon to go over to your house and sleep


GREAT MOVIE QUOTES:

“As smoking is to the lungs, so is resentment to the soul; even one puff is bad for you.”

If you could clear you all that space in your mind, you would have a doorway. And you know what the universe would do? Rush in."

"You're going to have to learn to select your thoughts the same way you select your clothes every day. Now that's a power that you can cultivate. You want to come here and you want to control your life so bad work on the mind, and I don't think you should be trying to control a thing because if you can't master your thoughts you are in trouble forever."

Balance is not letting anyone love you less than you love yourself."


"Do not look at the world through your head; look at it through your heart."

"Having a baby is like having a tattoo on your face. You kind of want to be committed."

“Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.”





I STILL BELIEVE


I’ve been looking for a light
At the end of this tunnel
I’ve been searching for a sign
To lead me home

Too many endless nights
Of sorrow
But on the other side of this
I know that my heart will live

I never saw a man that walked on the water
I never met a man that walked on the water
But I still believe

I don’t really know what tomorrow will bring
But I’m open to all possibilities
‘Cause I still believe

And the more I live my life
The lesser I question
All the things I just can’t see
Right in front of my eyes
So I take that leap of faith
And learn a few lessons
Time showed me that
What you give is what you get

I never saw a man that walked on the water
I never met a man that walked on the water
But I still believe

I don’t know the answer to my prayer
But I keep kneeling down like somebody is there
‘Cause I still believe

(Now, listen)
Well, I guess I could give up
‘Cause there are days I wanna run away
From everything
But what good would that do for me

‘Cause I, I, I still believe

I never saw a man that walked on the water
I never met a man that walked on the water
But I still believe

I never saw a man that walked on the water
I never met a man that walked on the water
But I still believe

I don’t really know what tomorrow will bring
But I’m open to all possibilities
‘Cause I still believe

I never saw a man, never saw a man, never saw a man,
Who walked on the water
I never saw a man, never saw a man, never saw a man,
But I, but I, but I believe
But I, but I, but I believe
But I, but I, but I believe

No comments: